MIST stands for “Military Institute of Science and Technology.” It is a highly prestigious military university in Bangladesh, offering undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various fields of science and engineering.
Admission to MIST is highly competitive and based on merit. The university conducts a written admission test and successful candidates are selected based on their performance in the test and their academic record.
If you’re interested in applying to MIST, I suggest that you visit the university’s official website for more information on the admission process, eligibility criteria, required documents, and other important details. https://admission.mist.ac.bd/
MIST offers online application
MIST offers online application for admission to its programs. To apply online, you will need to follow the steps below before Admission Application Online.
- Visit the official MIST website https://mist.ac.bd/ and click on the “Admission” link.
- Find the online application form and fill out all the required fields with accurate and up-to-date information.
- Upload any necessary documents, such as your transcripts and a recent passport-sized photo.
- Pay the application fee, if required, using a credit or debit card.
- Submit your application and keep a record of the confirmation number for future reference.
It’s important to carefully read all instructions and requirements before submitting your application to ensure that it is complete and meets all eligibility criteria. If you have any questions or concerns about the online application process, you can contact the MIST admission office for assistance.
Admission Circular: Undergraduate Programs – 2023
The admission process for undergraduate programs at MIST in 2023 may be similar to previous years, but I would recommend checking the official MIST website for the most up-to-date information.
Typically, to be eligible for undergraduate admission at MIST, you will need to have completed your higher secondary education (12 years of schooling) and obtained good grades in mathematics and science subjects. You will also need to pass the MIST admission test, which is held annually. The test covers subjects such as mathematics, physics, and English.
Once you have taken the test, you can check the official MIST website for the results. If you are selected for admission, you will be required to provide additional documents and information, such as your academic transcripts and proof of identity.
It’s important to keep in mind that the admission process for MIST is highly competitive, and meeting the minimum eligibility criteria does not guarantee admission. The university may also consider factors such as your extracurricular activities, leadership skills, and other personal qualities when making admission decisions.
1. Applications are invited from Bangladeshi citizens who have passed HSC/GCE ‘A’ Level or Equivalent Examination (Science Group) from home and abroad for admission in MIST Undergraduate Programs (Engineering and Architecture).
|Online Application Submission Begins||19 February 2023|
|Online Application Submission Finishes||02 March 2023|
|Admission Test Date||18 March 2023|
|Admission Test Duration (Unit A)||1000 to 1300 hours|
|Admission Test Duration (Unit A+B, B)||1000 to 1300 hours and 1500 to 1700 hours|
|Admission Form Fee||Tk 1000 (Unit A), Tk 1200 (Unit B and Unit A+B)|
|Admission Centre|| Dhaka (Details will be circulated in the final list in
the MIST website)
|Shortlist of Examinees||09 March 2023 in the MIST website|
|Tentative Admission Start Date||09 April 2023|
|Admission Result||15 April 2023|
Application Form Submission:
Application to be submitted online through MIST website (www.mist.ac.bd) only. After successful submission of the application, the applicant will receive a USER ID online. With that USER ID, the applicant needs to send an SMS to 16222 from Teletalk pre-paid mobile phone with the required balance. The application fee is Tk 1000 (One thousand) for UNIT A and Tk 1200 (One
thousand two hundred) for UNIT B and UNIT (A+B). Detail instructions for e-application and fee submission are given on MIST website. On successful completion of both, the applicant will receive a password through SMS using which an eligible applicant can download Admit Card later.
Two Units: Engineering (Unit A) and Architecture (Unit B). Architecture applicants need to appear in examinations of both units. Applicants may also appear both for Engineering and Architecture (Unit A+B).
Qualifications to Apply:
a. SSC (or Equivalent): The applicants who passed the examination in 2020 and 2019 in Science Group
obtaining a minimum GPA of A 4.00 (without the fourth subject) in the scale of 5.00.
b. HSC (or Equivalent): The applicants who passed in 2022 (result published in 2023) and 2021
obtaining a minimum total Grade Point 17 in four subjects (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and
c. GCE (‘O’ and ‘A’ Levels or Equivalent):
(1) The applicants who passed in 2021 and 2020 with minimum ‘B’ grades in five subjects
including Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English in GCE ‘O’ Level.
(2) The applicants who passed in 2022 and 2021 with minimum two ‘B’ grades and one ‘C’ grade
in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in GCE ‘A’ Level.
d. Applicants interested in Biomedical Engineering, must have Biology in HSC or equivalent level with
a minimum grade point of ‘A-’/ GCE ‘A’ or equivalent level with a minimum grade point of ‘C’.
Short Listing for Written Test.
a. Shortlisted candidates will be allowed to appear for the written test. These candidates include
candidates passed in H.S.C/Equivalent Examination in 2022 and 2021.
b. Two separate lists of applicants (one for current year and the other for last year) will be generated for
selection purpose to appear written admission test only.
Examination and Marks Distribution:
|Unit A (Engineering & Architecture )||Mathematics||80||Total Marks: 200
Examination Duration: 3 hours
Syllabus: Syllabus of HSC 2022/Equivalent
|5||Unit B (Architecture)||Drawing & Architecture related topics||100||Total Marks: 200(A)+100(B)
Examination Duration: (3+2) hours with a break in between.
- a. The questions will be in both English and Bengali and applicants can answer in either English or Bengali. The distribution of marks for both the units is as follows:
- b. No marks allotted for S.S.C/H.S.C/equivalent results. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of written test only. The minimum qualifying marks in the written examination is 40% for both Unit A and Unit B.
- c. Candidates passing HSC in 2021 will be deducted five percent (5%) marks from the written examination. Thereafter, a combined merit list (candidates who passed HSC in 2022 and 2021) will be prepared for admission and category allotment. Same rules will apply for English medium and equivalent.
Required Documents for Quota Applicants:
For all quota applicants, below mentioned original/attested documents (hardcopy) must be submitted to MIST Admission Office by 02 March 2023 for quota authentication/verification.
a. Heroic Freedom Fighters: Detail information downloaded from the Ministry of Liberation War Affairs
website (http://mis.molwa.gov.bd/freedom-fighter-list) and relationship certificate with the freedom fighter.
b. Military Ward (Children of Military Personnel):
(1) Serving. Certificate from organization head / authorized officials.
(a) Officers: Certificate from CORO / Naval Secretariat / Air Secretariat.
(b) JCO/ OR/ NC(E) of Army/ Navy/ Air Force: Certificate / Service Record Book from
respective Arms / Service’s Record Offices / Drafting Office.
c. Children of Serving Permanent Employees of Ministry of Defence only and MIST: Certificate
from the appropriate authority of the respective organization.
d. Ethnic Minority: Certificate issued by local Upazila Chairman and countersigned by District
8. For GCE or Equivalent applicants, an attested copy of the Transcript/Certificate (hardcopy) must be
submitted to MIST Admission Office by 02 March 2023 for authentication /verification.
9. Candidates will be considered disqualified for any incomplete or false information at any stage of the
Mist Contact Information for Admission
a. Please contact Admission Help Desk: 01769024054/ 01769024056/ 01769024094 (0900-1700 hours).
Location: Tower-2, 5th Floor, Room: 503.
b. Visit MIST Website (www.mist.ac.bd)