Countries Wise Celebrating Different Name.
- Nisaf Shaban is known as Shabbat or Shabbat Barat in South Asia, especially in the subcontinent,
- Lailatul Barat in Arabic,
- Nisfu Sayaban (Malam Nisfu Sayaban) in Indonesia and Malaysia, and
- Berat Qandili in Turkey.
The Prophet Muhammad (S) said,
“Allah, the Exalted, looks upon the people of Lakhluqat on the night of Ardsha’ban and forgives everyone except the polytheists and the haters of hatred.”
Hadith Narrated by Hazrat Aisha (RA) Narrated by Hazrat Aisha (RA)- And on the authority of Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her), may Allah be pleased with her, she said: The Messenger of Allah, may the prayers and peace of Allah be upon him,
said: If it is the night of mid-Shaban, then he will wake up. Fast that night and during the day, because Allah Almighty descends there at sunset to the lowest sky and says, “Forgive whoever asks for forgiveness, but give sustenance to whoever asks for sustenance, except for the one who is sad. , so heal him there, until it dawns. (Ibn Majah 99)
It is narrated that the Messenger of Allah, may God bless him and grant him peace, said: “Allah Ta’ala reveals Himself in the night of mid-Sha’ban and forgives all His creation except the polytheists and the envious.” [Sunan Ibn Majah- 1390]
Lailatul Barat Celebrating
1. That is, on this night Almighty Allah forgives everyone except two classes of people i.e. polytheists and haters. So we should all pray for forgiveness more and more on this night like every day.
2. However, currently all Milad-Mahfil, Jalsa-Julush, Halwa bread etc. food is organized around Shaba Barat, there is no basis for this in Quran Hadith. If you consider these actions as Sunnah and necessary, then it will be innovation. And Allah Ta’ala will not accept any worship of the heathen and the water of the heathen’s house will not be accepted. [Sahih Bukhari-7277]
3. There are many people who pray 12 rakat Nafal for the purpose of Shaba Barat. These acts have no basis in the Qur’an Hadith, they are man-made baseless acts.
4. However, a weak hadith mentions fasting on this day. Therefore, fasting on this day is not a Sunnah act, rather some say it is a Mustahab act. And since a weak hadith mentions Nafal fasting, one can observe Nafal fasting on this day if he wishes. And Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) used to fast a lot in the month of Shaban, so Nafal can be fasted on any day of this month, InshaAllah.
5. It is Sunnah to fast on the 13th, 14th and 15th of every Arabic month. This fast is called Yame Vijayye Roza.
6. Above all, the main point is that you all can perform some nafl prayers (such as Salatut Tasbeeh, Salat al-Hajjat, Tahajjud, earlier Qaza prayers), Qur’an recitation, Zikir Azkar, Tasbeeh Tahlil and preparation for Ramadan on this night.
The Prophet Muhammad (S) said,
Shab-e-Barat is a night that many Muslims observe as a night of forgiveness, praying throughout the night asking Allah to bless them, as Allah is Almighty. Shab-e-Barat is like an audit of the corporate world. On that night Allah decides who will be born, who will die, who will be believed etc.
Shab-e-Barat is the night of the current full moon in the month of Sha’ban in the Islamic calendar. It is an important day among the Muslim community worldwide. On this day, Muslim communities host Muslim friends and promote Pakistan-based solidarity.
The virtues of Shabba-Barat are as follows:
1. Day of Resurrection: In the Muslim world, Shabbat is a day on which Allah clears the days of resurrection for people.
2. Day of Completion of Deeds: Shaba-Barat is a day on which Allah forgives the sins of people and completes all their deeds.
3. Day of Calamity: Shabbat is a day where people hope for possible completion of their work.
Several worships and processes are held in the month of Shabbat-Barat where the most important worships are:
1. Namaz: The need for namaz increases to a greater extent during the month of Shabbat-Barat. Nafal prayers are offered at night on Shabbat and Barat days. The most recited is one lakh rakat Nafal Namaz. Dua is also prayed in front of Allah at certain times.
2. Fasting: It is Sunnah to fast during the month of Shaba-Barat. If you fast on Shabbat, Allah gives you happiness, prosperity and joy.
3. Tasbeeh: Recite Tasbeeh more and more, Qur’an recitation, Zikir Azkar.